I finished my first session of my Master’s program on the 20th of December and took the train back home on the 21st. I was so happy to get back home, you have no idea! I do have multiple recipes to post, but I will start with a quick and easy one because I actually have bread in the oven I need to watch.
My favourite Xmas treat recipe comes from my cousin Jody. Every year she makes this amazing white and dark chocolate bark with crushed candy canes sprinkled trough. I try my best to make it last more than a day, but its quite hard! So if you are looking for something festive, here is the recipe!
You will need:
- Bakers (or any other baking quality chocolate) dark chocolate, 12 oz.
- Bakers white chocolate, 12 oz.
- Peppermint oil extract
- candy canes
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, exactly like I did for my homemade Reese’s buttercups
- When it’s almost completely melted, add some peppermint extract. I like it quite peppery, some don’t, so start with a little and taste as you go
- When completely melted, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread the chocolate evenly across (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Put in fridge to cool and solidify
- While the dark chocolate is chilling, repeat the same steps with the white chocolate
- Crush the candy canes (either with a rolling pin or in a food processor) and divide the crushed canes in two
- Add half of the canes to the white chocolate
- Once melted, spread onto the dark chocolate and sprinkle the leftover canes on top
- Leave in fridge overnight
- Break off into uneven pieces and enjoy
(Not my picture but it’s what it looks like all done)
Next recipe will be vegetarian samosas!
Hope you’re all having a wonderful time 🙂