Yes, you’ve read correct, I have FINALLY come up with a gluten free version of the Beer Bread recipe! I also would like to add that it is eggless as well!
In the picture, on the left is the gluten free loaf (picture taken with my phone, sorry for the bad quality, I was too excited), and on the right is the regular loaf… Pretty darn similar!!!
I won’t bore you with boring details, but here is the recipe but this time, with GF ingredients!
- 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup of oat flour (grind up your oats in a blender to get a fine flour)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan powder(to help it bind together)
- 1 1/3 cup of Glutenberg’s American Pale Ale,
- 1 to 4 tbsp. beer if the consistency isn’t right
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh rosemary (dried if you don’t have any fresh on hand), chopped
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, Parmesan, garlic, and rosemary.
Create a well in the middle and pour in 1/4 cup of butter and your beer and mix everything until there are no more air pockets. If it’s too dry, add in 1 tbsp. of water at a time. You want it to have a semi runny consistency: you want it to hold it’s shape but not be a dry batter.
Pour your batter in a loaf tin lined with parchment paper and drizzle the other 1/4 cup of butter on top. This will give it a nice crunchy crust.
Let it bake for 1h15 minutes, then rest for a goof half hour before sawing into it!
Ps: this was my first slice of bread in 4 years!